- a page of useful Hebrew resources available over the internet, from the Online Hebrew Tutorial section of this site. Contains some recommendations on commercial Hebrew learning material gathered together into one useful place.
- Windows application that does Verb tables amounst other things.
- website promoting a new book teaching Hebrew by Shahaf Peleg, with a verb based approach. The book contains 1500 verbs and their conjugations, distinguished by a different teaching methodology. Have a look at the sample online chapter. There is comprehensive online audio coverage of pronunciation, and the author answers questions.
Israeli Movies on DVD
- movies with subtitles are an excellent way of improving your listening and comprehension skills.
At Home With Hebrew
- commercial Windows application to teach Hebrew for Beginners. AHWH has an easier learning curve that this site, which some students may find more beneficial. Neal also runs a virtual classroom.
Hebrew Keyboard Tutor
- this is another great Java applet from Zigzag. It trains you to type using the Hebrew keyboard.
- commercial Hebrew Programs. Some demos available for download.
- a computer vocabulary trainer designed mainly for German native speakers
to learn various foreign languages. The site includes a free evaluation
version of the program and downloadable vocabulary lists in 50+ languages.
- Kabbalah words of wisdom to your mailbox each day.
Navigating the Bible
- the Hebrew scriptures online, originally conceived as a tutor
for Bar/Bat Mitzvah students. Includes audio of all texts, classical commentaries and translations in multiple langugages. Magnificent multimedia, and free.
- a complete set of lessons teaches the user the fundamentals of tropes and
their cantillation (commercial).
- The one stop Seforim Store for Hebrew Seforim and Jewish Books. Thousands of Jewish Books, Siddurim, and Hebrew and Yiddish Seforim, including those rare and out of print. Profits to Jewish families in need.
FSI Hebrew Course
- 'FSI courses are amongst the most effective available. They combine rigorous explanation of grammar with audio based drills, which inculcate grammar well enough to use it spontaneously in speech.' This course is now public domain, care of the US Government.
- Parts of a new coursebook in the process of being posted online. The teaching method uses first person speach, by two people who have coincidentally met on the Internet. Uses lots of mindmap memory devices which appeals to many people.
Learn Hebrew with Pictures and Audio
- Learn Hebrew with Pictures and Audio is a free, online, educational resource to learn Hebrew words in a fun way. The site has 425 words and photographs ranging from fruit and vegetables to household items.
The Hebrew Language
- large compilation of free online resources to learn Hebrew including Alphabet, Biblical, Dictionaries, Fonts, Forums, Games, Names, News/Blogs, Reading, Songs, Texts, TV/Radio, Tutorials, Ulpan, Vocabulary, Writing
- Aish is a fantastic site, with new thought provocing articles to read every week. If you have a Palm Pilot or a Pocket PC, you can get it as a channel via AvantGo.com as well.
Their words: Aish HaTorah is an apolitical, international network of Jewish educational centers, providing opportunities for Jews of all backgrounds to discover the wisdom and beauty of their heritage in an atmosphere of open inquiry and mutual respect. Over 25 branches in 8 countries inspire over 100,000 people each year with the meaning of being Jewish. For 3,500 years, the Torah has inspired us to be a light unto the nations - sharing the ideals of monotheism, social justice and universal education. We learn the Torah's wisdom to enrich our own lives, and to share these ideas with all humanity.
- the unique way to meet 7 Jewish people in an hour, online or in person,
in various countries around the world.
- world's largest Jewish singles' database with over 250,000 members
Jews for Judaism is the foremost full-time counter-missionary, educational, outreach and counseling organization dedicated to countering the multi-million dollar efforts of deceptive missionary and cult groups that target the Jewish community for conversion. The name is a play on the "Jews" for Jesus group.
JCRC's Task Force on Missionaries and Cults
- the Jewish community is under assault. For the past thirty years, Evangelical Christians have orchestrated the most successful conversion campaign in history. Over 100,000 Jews now find their spiritual fulfillment in a church. The communities answer to this...
- is a small group of Torah scholars in Israel who live by the plain and simple meaning of Mishneh Torah and actively encourage others to do so. They offer a free Torah study tool download called MTR.
A walk through the morning Prayers
- RealAudio Online Learning (Hebrew). Follow along with the morning
Shacarit service, if you have a Siddur. Be aware the Rebbe uses Ashkenazi
prounciation (as opposed to the Shepardic used in israel), and it is
Biblical not modern Hebrew. Useful to those interested in the Service, and to
those learning Hebrew.
Ohr Somayach Lectures
- hundreds of hours of RealAudio Online Learning (English) of religious topics
by some very gifted speakers. Ohr Somayach brings together a group of Rabbis from various Yeshivot.
Moshe's Frum Help Site
- marriage counceling, pornography addiction help, Jewish frum
homosexual problems, depression advice. A place where frum people
can get the help they need with complete privacy.
Teach It To Me
- Rabbi Botton's Judaism site. Includes MP3 lecture downloads.
- online calendar, exports dates to popular calendar programs and PDAs.
- inspire yourself with Torah. Download free ebook, read extracts of inspirational, mussar, hashkafa books; order them online. For success, happiness, wealth, peace of mind, lessons for high-powered living.
- an online social networking site connecting Jews to each other and their communities through forums, events, chevrusas, dating, networking and tefilah.
- a public service news, information and crisis center with the purpose of
providing the international public with a means to directly assist the
people of Israel in times of national emergency.
Tachlis mailing list
- for new or prospective immigrants to share information.
Send the words "subscribe TACHLIS your_name" in the *subject*
of an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerusalem Institue for Education. Assists Olim (and others) learn Hebrew.
IDC Computer Science Degree
- Information technology continues to be the amoung the most lucrative
employment segments in international job markets. Spend three years in
Israel, and earn an accredited International BA degree in Computer Science,
taught entirely in English.
- The mission of Nefesh B'Nefesh is to revitalize North American aliyah and to expand it for generations to come by removing the financial, professional, and logistical obstacles that are preventing many "would-be" Olim from fulfilling their dream.
Places to Visit -
Israel Museums Guide
- An internet guide to exhibitions that can be found in Israel's museums
this week. Recommended.
- The Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv. This is in my opinion one of the world's best museums.
- invests in Israel. General and hi-tech sectors mutual funds management.
- The government of Israel has maintained a perfect record on the repayment
of State of Israel Bonds. Israel Bonds are investment grade, offer
attractive interest rates, and are available for IRA plans.
Zombietime's 2006 Lebanon Red Cross Ambulance Hoax
- the blogger who uncovered this particular Lebanon War media fabrication, and the responses of media outlets and 'human rights' organisations still in denial. Frankly it's an amazing read of the contridictions in reporting all part of the public record. Apparantly now if you believe it is a hoax, you are a conspiracty theorist - such is the official line. Read it yourself and make up your own mind - prepare to be shocked.
Take A Pen
- does your local media take a positive or neutral stand on Arab terror directed at Israel or other countries? Do something about it here.
Non Government Organisation Monitor
- The aim of NGO Monitor is to generate and distribute critical analysis and reports on the output of the international NGO community. We intend to publicize distortions of human rights issues in the Arab-Israeli conflict and provide information and context for the benefit of NGOs working in the Middle East. NGO Monitor's objective is to end to the practice used by certain self-declared 'humanitarian NGOs' of exploiting the label 'universal human rights values' to promote politically and ideologically motivated anti-Israel agendas.
- Richard Landes, a professor of history at Boston University, documents the "street theatre is news" phonomenom in the short documentary "Pallywood".
- large directory of Jewish and Israeli Resources worldwide.
- Instead of posting your picture and your description on the Internet and
being concerned about the truthfulness of the people responding to you; we
screen all our members and receive personalized feedback from each of our
members after each introduction.
- the only Jewish tabloid in America (thank goodness).
- international committee for saving Jewish babies. From their blurb:
Efrat prevents abortions by means of counseling and financial aid. We
cannot prevent a woman from having an abortion if she really wants one and
is determined to go ahead. We categorically reject demonstrations and acts
of violence against doctors and clinics, and condemn breaking the law.
Each child is a reinforcement and contribution to the very existance of the
software can translate documents and web based material between Hebrew and
English and a variety of other European languages. Currently PC only (complete
their survey form to lobby for a Mac or Linux version).
The Temple Mount Archaeological Destruction. In November 1999, illegal construction and excavation work took place on the Temple Mount, causing irreparable damage to the area's archaeological treasures. This is part of a larger trend of illegal work carried out by the Wakf (the religious body in charge of Moslem holy sites) to change history and, in particular, to eradicate the remains of Jewish history on the Mount. The dirt dumps from these illegal works, saturated with archaeological finds, were removed by bulldozers and trucks and discarded in the Kidron Valley. Though these remains are no longer in their original context, they include great and important archaeological potential. Systematic scientific archaeological excavation and supervision has never been permitted on the Temple Mount, and these dumps contain the only archaeological evidence available from the site.
- click on Applets and then Hieroglyphics to get to John Spracklin's Java
based Hieroglyphics Tutor.
- Aaron, the brother of Moses was the first Cohen, or Priest. His DNA is
apparently still walking around today. This is perhaps the strongest
direct evidence corroborating a Biblical narrative.
Perl 5 on Unix Graphical Counter 1.3
- this is my graphical counter. Has concurrency support making it suitable for large sites, access control for security, and one central counter file for convenience. New pages can be added without configuration.
- a slow loading graphic of where all the light bulbs are on planet Earth.
A revealing look at the world in terms of technology, demographics,
environmental degredation and resource distribution.
Mail me if there are problems with links on this page, or if you would
like your page to be included here.